Ben and Sam break down the Braves’ signing of B.J. Upton and discuss the discrepancy between different appraisals of his value.
- Melvin Upton
- The topic for this episode was Ben's idea.
- Ben and Sam analyze the five-year, $75.25MM contract that B.J. Upton, as he was known at the time, signed with the Braves.
- Sam argues for and against the contract's merits and cites Jason Parks who referred to Upton as a "change of scenery" candidate.
- Ben seems to agree with Sam's assessment and expresses his own positive viewpoints on the player while also noting a few of Upton's limitations.
- Overall, the podcast expressed a neutral reaction to the deal.