Ben and Sam preview the Angels’ season with Matt Welch, and Nick talks to Los Angeles Times Angels beat writer Mike DiGiovanna (at 30:05).
- Los Angeles Angels preview with Matt Welch
- Kole Calhoun
- Mike Scioscia and analytics
- Farm system depth
- Positive impact of coaching
- Peter Bourjos trade
- Starting pitching talent
- Mike Trout
- Los Angeles Angels preview with Mike DiGiovanna
- Offseason pitching acquisitions
- Tyler Skaggs' impact and upside
- Garrett Richards
- Albert Pujols & Josh Hamilton
- Raul Ibanez at DH
- Sam, when Matt asks him a question "We did not invite you on here so that i could talk, I'm not gonna get tricked into over performing my contract here."
- Matt predicts the Angels will win 94 games. He also expects the Angels to sign Mike Trout to an extension.
- Mike says that a successful season for the Angels would be a division win or making the playoffs (divisional, not wild card game). He thinks this will need at least 87-88 wins.