We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Ben and Sam discuss hypothetical questions about Mike Trout, Barry Bonds, Mark Mulder and more.
- Barry Bonds - What would he hit as a DH in 2014?
- What will Mike Trout hit against RHP if he starts switch-hitting right now?
- If Alex Rodriguez goes to Japan, what are the chances he breaks the single season home run record there?
- If Mark Mulder comes out of retirement, how will he do?
- If the Dodgers sent Clayton Kershaw to their Low-A team in the Midwest League and make him their closer, what will his stats be in 70 innings?
- Would either Johnny Damon & Bobby Abreu be replacement level now?
- Ben's nap
- Happy Birthday to Sam's dad
- Though the episode deals with hypotheticals, they were not submitted by listeners.
- Sam introduces the theme as being an "all-predictions episode," causing Ben to groan, given his dislike for having to make predictions, especially "bold" ones.
- During the Trout discussion, Sam hears Ben typing and asks "What are you looking up?! There's nothing on the internet for this!"
- A similar Trout hypothetical ("What if he could only hit left-handed?") was emailed by a listener in Episode 999. Video of Trout switch-hitting during high school batting practice was discovered shortly thereafter, and discussed in detail in Episode 1002.
- Sam, on Ben's responses: "I don't think that you respected this exercise enough".