Ben and Sam select 20 minor league free agents with decent chances to see big league playing time in 2014.
- 2014 Minor League Free Agent Draft
|Ben's Picks||Sam's Picks|
|Yamacio Navarro||Shawn Camp|
|Fernando Martinez||Matt LaPorta|
|Reid Brignac||Aaron Laffey|
|Travis Blackley||Ben Francisco|
|Alex Liddi||Ross Wolf|
|Jonathan Albaladejo||Jonathan Sanchez|
|Cory Wade||Ezequiel Carrera|
|Quintin Berry||Tommy Layne|
|Bill Bray||Steven Tolleson|
|Mark Rogers||Ed Easley|
- Minor league free agents have more than 6 years of minor league service time who are not on a 40-man roster.
- Sam wins the draft with 353 combined plate appearances/pitcher outs to Ben's 93.
- Ross Wolf had the lowest strikeout rate in 2013 of any relief pitcher with at least 30 innings pitched.
- Jonathan Sanchez had the 4th highest percentage of pitches in the strike zone in MLB in 2013.
"We're going to do a draft today, and these don't always go well. We enjoy them, but they're horrible." - Sam
"Did [Carson Cistulli] determine what kind of minor league free agent tends to at least make the majors?" - Ben
"Yeah, he did. But under no circumstances am I going to tell you that. You should have done your research." - Sam