Ben Lindbergh and Meg Rowley banter about the wild NLDS Game 5 between the Dodgers and the Nationals and the wild (in a different way) NLDS Game 5 between the Braves and the Cardinals, touching on Clayton Kershaw’s blown lead and postseason career, what Dave Roberts was thinking and what’s next for him, the Nationals winning a postseason series, the Cardinals’ 10-0 first-inning lead and Jack Flaherty, Cardinals rookie Ryan Helsley and the Tomahawk Chop (1:24:48), the new, higher-drag baseball, and more, then bring on FiveThirtyEight sports editor and lifelong Twins fan Sara Ziegler to talk about Minnesta’s record 16-game postseason losing streak. her positive takeaways from the season, never making the playoffs vs. never winning there, losing by a lot vs. losing by a little, and more.
- Nationals-Dodgers game 5
- Clayton Kershaw's relief appearance and playoff struggles
- Reviewing Dave Roberts' managerial decisions
- Dave Roberts' future with the Dodgers
- Nationals ending their long postseason drought
- Cardinals-Braves game 5
- Jack Flaherty pitching in game 5
- Ryan Helsley and the Tomahawk Chop
- Changes to the ball in the postseason
- Interview with Sara Ziegler
- Reflecting on the 2019 season
- Never making the playoffs vs. never winning in the playoffs
- Yankees domination of the Twins in the postseason
- Outlook for the 2020 Twins
- Toughest types of playoff losses
The Replacements, "Sixteen Blue"
- Ben and Meg are recording the morning after the NLDS game 5s. Ben has not slept since the games ended.
- Ben says he was "like a raw nerve" after the Nationals-Dodgers game.
- Meg was frustrated by how much time TBS spent showing Clayton Kershaw in the dugout after being pulled from the game.
- Meg comments on how athletes wear silicone wedding rings that are color matched to their team's colors.
- The Cardinals-Braves game 5 was one of the least competitive games in postseason history when considering in-game changes in win expectancy.
- Effectively Wild Episode 1441: It Was the Kersh of Times
- Will the Dodgers' Defeat Spell Doom for Dave Roberts? by Ben Lindbergh
- Cardinals rookie Ryan Helsley, a member of the Cherokee Nation, says Atlanta's tomahawk chop 'devalues us' by Scott Boeck
- The Rocket Ball Has Disappeared In October by Robert Arthur
- MLB Says It Didn't De-juice the Ball. So Where Have All the Homers Gone? by Ben Lindbergh
- Framing the Hall of Fame Cases for Yadier Molina, Russell Martin, and Brian McCann by Ben Lindbergh