December 11, 2017
Ben Lindbergh and Jeff Sullivan discuss the Giancarlo Stanton trade’s impact on the Yankees, whether and why the Marlins are an embarrassment (and where they’ll go from here), the Orioles’ attitude toward international players, and the Hall of Fame admitting Alan Trammell and Jack Morris. Then they bring on listener Lazaro Rodriguez, a certified Marlins fan, to talk about his reaction to the Stanton trade and ask him to explain why he’s still a Marlins loyalist.
- Giancarlo Stanton traded to Yankees
- Are the Marlins an embarrassment?
- Did the Marlins need to trade Stanton?
- Marlins path to success
- Orioles' statement about Shohei Ohtani
- Veterans Committee Hall of Fame voting
- Interview with Lazaro Rodriguez
- Marlins World Series titles vs. sell-offs
- Marlins irrelevance
- Perception as a Marlins fan
- New Marlins ownership & Derek Jeter
- Face of the 2018 Marlins
- Carter Capps delivery: was it illegal?
- Camaraderie among Marlins fans
- Who makes the playoffs first: Braves or Marlins?
The Minus 5, "Heartache for Sale"
Kendrick Lamar (Feat. Rihanna), "LOYALTY"
Metronomy, "Miami Logic"
Jeff's computer is dying.
- The Orioles were one of three teams that did not make a pitch for Shohei Ohtani.
- Laz didn't know there was baseball in Miami before moving to the USA from Cuba.
- Laz: “No one questions my loyalty [when they find out I'm a Marlins fan], they question my sanity"
- Laz is happy that Giancarlo Stanton was traded to Yankees because he escaped the Marlins.