Welcome to the Effectively Wild Wiki
Effectively Wild is a sabermetrics-oriented baseball podcast co-hosted by Ben Lindbergh of The Ringer, Sam Miller of ESPN, and Meg Rowley of FanGraphs. All three are former contributors at Baseball Prospectus.
From Episode 1 to Episode 1000, the podcast was part of Baseball Prospectus. Sam co-hosted alongside Ben before leaving in late 2016 due to his commitment at his new job writing at ESPN. Jeff Sullivan of FanGraphs then co-hosted with Ben from Episode 1006 to Episode 1339, before leaving to work for the Rays in early 2019. Starting with Episode 1344, Sam returned as regular co-host for the first two episodes of each week. Meg joined as co-host for the third episode of each week, while continuing to host the FanGraphs Audio podcast.
The podcast debuted on July 28, 2012, and ran five days a week all year long before transitioning to its current three-times-a-week format in summer 2016.
- Inside References
- Effectively Wild on FanGraphs
- Effectively Wild on iTunes
- Effectively Wild Facebook group
- List of EW Facebook splinter groups
- The Only Rule Is It Has to Work - 2016 book by Ben and Sam
- Banished to the Pen - EW fan blog
- Banished to the Pen's list of essential EW episodes
- Unofficial Subreddit for Effectively Wild
- Effectively Wild Email Question Database
- Effectively Wild Competitions Tracker
Contributing to the Wiki
Click the "Edit" button to edit an existing page, or the "Add New Page" icon to create a new one.
For a new episode page, copy and paste from the Episode Template.
Please also use the sign-up sheet to reserve any episodes you work on.
A list of intro/outro songs can be found on this spreadsheet.