Ben Lindbergh has been the co-host of the Effectively Wild podcast since its inception.
Other positions Edit
Ben is currently a writer for The Ringer.
Ben was formerly editor-in-chief of Baseball Prospectus, and a writer for Grantland and FiveThirtyEight. He also served as co-host of the Ringer's MLB Show and Achievement Oriented podcasts.
He previously interned for the NY Yankees and for the Wall Street investment bank Bear Stearns, and is a lifelong New Yorker. He is a member of the New York Chapter of Baseball Writers' Association of America.
Ben co-authored the New York Times bestseller, The MVP Machine: How Baseball's Nonconformists Are Using Data to Build Better Players, with Travis Sawchik.
Appearances elsewhere Edit
Ben appears occasionally on MLB Network's MLB Now.
Ben often appears as a guest on the Slate podcast Hang Up and Listen when baseball is a topic.
Some of his hobbies and interests that have been revealed over the course of EW include music (particularly the Beatles and Sloan), video games, astronomy, and Star Wars. Favorite television series include Game of Thrones, The Good Wife, and The Wire.
Ben usually records the podcast from his home in New York City.
Effectively Wild episodes without Ben Edit
- Episode 8: Screen Door (Sam Miller and Ian Miller)
- Episode 512: TV Blackouts Will Rot Your Brain (Sam Miller, Craig Goldstein, Wendy Thurm)
- Episode 1452: Play It Again, Sam (Sam Miller and Meg Rowley)
- Episode 1453: Time Is on Our Side (Sam Miller and Meg Rowley)
Running jokes Edit
- Lindbergh Burrito Method
- Smash Mouth
- Ben's birthday is December 25. There are usually a number of holiday-themed birthday wishes on the Facebook group.